Friday, November 18, 2011

Buying Green: Organic Bistro and Helen's Kitchen

Are you trying to eat sustainably raised and/or organic food, but like the convenience of frozen meals? If so, check out Helen's Kitchen and Organic Bistro. Organic Bistro makes Asian-inspired bowls and a variety of meals (including Alaskan salmon cake and chicken citron), and Helen's Kitchen also has unique flavors like Bay Island plantain and GardenSteak meat alternative. Organic Bistro products are certified organic by Quality Assurance International, Inc; Helen's Kitchen products are made predominantly from organic ingredients. Both can be found at a variety of natural foods stores.

I loved the meals. I'm always on the lookout for new organic options, so getting to try these meals was great! I didn't know what to expect with plaintain, but I found it tasty - much more flavorful than many frozen entrees. I also loved the sesame ginger wild salmon from Organic Bistro - again, it had a much more "real" flavor than I was used to with frozen meals. I also like how up-front the website is about their products and nutrition facts; it's very easy to get all of the information you need about the company and their products. I highly recommend both companies; you can check out the Organic Bistro store locator and Helen's Kitchen store locator to find out where you can buy them.

You can find more information by visiting The Organic Bistro on Facebook or The Helen's Kitchen on Facebook.

Disclosure: I received complimentary entree coupons to facilitate this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment